Manchester City Star”Mendy Remanded In Custody Over Four Rape Charges

Benjamin Mendy has been remanded in custody after appearing in front of the Chester magistrates court Friday morning charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

Mendy, who had been suspended by his club pending the investigation, is accused of three counts of rape in October 2020, the sexual assault of a woman in January 2021, and the rape of a woman in August this year.

One of the three complainants is under the age of 18.

The court heard that the four alleged rapes happened at Mendy’s home in Prestbury, Cheshire. Despite no pleas being entered, the court was told Mendy ‘strenuously denies’ the charges against him.

Mendy attended court with an interpreter and only spoke to confirm his age, name and address.

An application for bail was denied with the next court appearance set for September 10 when Mendy will appear at Chester Crown Court.

The club said in a statement: “The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”

Manchester City spent a reported £49.2 million signing the left-back player from Monaco in 2017. He featured in City’s 1-0 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur on the opening weekend of the season.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s